Denise has been practicing yoga for almost 19 years. She received her 200-hour certification in 2004 through New York Yoga under the direction of David Hollander, Michael Gilbert and Govinda Kai. Denise completed a prenatal certification at OM Yoga in 2005. She is currently working on completing her advanced training certification of 300 hours with Joanne Kane.
Deniseís classes are playful and challenging, incorporating elements of Ashtanga, Jivamukti and other flow styles. She seeks to create a soulful class inspired by her love of music, poetry, and yogic philosophy as students are guided into moving meditation. Denise encourages her students through a practice that embraces breath as the link between body, mind and spirit. She is incredibly grateful for the opportunity to share the inspiring gift of yoga with others.
1) Why did you start practicing yoga?
2) How would you describe your style of teaching?
3) Who or what inspires you?
4) Tell us something we would never guess about you.
5) What is your least favorite asana?
6) Name one thing on your bucket list?